We are a congregation of diverse ages and backgrounds, who gather to worship at St Andrew’s Church on Garratt Lane. We are part of the Church of England Diocese of Southwark. Some of us have lived in Earlsfield all our lives, others have moved here much more recently. We aim to be:
- a welcoming church: Earlsfield is an area of high mobility, with people moving in and out all the time. We offer a warm welcome to newcomers.
- an inclusive church: We welcome people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, marital status or sexual orientation.
- a church concerned to build community: Life in a big city can be very impersonal. As a Christian community we work for the well-being of the whole of our neighbourhood.
- a church that nurtures spirituality: As well as giving of our best in worship, we try to help each other relate the Christian faith to the whole of our lives.
- a church concerned for peace and justice: Jesus came to bring good news to the poor, and we aim to keep his concerns high on our agenda. We tithe [give away 10% of] our voluntary income to support missionary and charitable projects, and in addition we support a number of organisations through fundraising and collections throughout the year
- a church concerned to reach out to others: Most people have no contact at all with a church. We know that we cannot expect them to come to us unless we go out to them.