|Saint Andrew's Church is a Grade II listed building. It was built in 1890 to the designs of the architect E. W. Mountford, in the Victorian Gothic style.
It has been admired by Sir John Betjeman, among others, and contains fine examples of metalwork and brickwork.
|Work has completed on the church garden to transform it into an
accessible garden for the local community. Full details on the
The project was funded by Community Spaces (a Big Lottery fund), SITA Trust, Viridor Credits, the City Bridge Trust and the Ninds Church Trust.
Photo showing an aerial view of the church and newly renovated south garden.
outside the front of the building, overhanging the pavement and dated
1910 is commemorated in a brass plaque beside the kitchen:
The clock is now maintained by the local authority. Its chime has been disconnected, and it is now powered by an electric motor in the North turret, with gearing leading to the clock faces. These faces are illuminated at night.